These rules are from the
"The International Sepak Takraw Congress." To view the complete list
of the rules, please click on the reference above.
Click on these to go straight to their information.
The Net, ball, players,
officials, serving side during
serve, & the scoring system.
of 13.4 m x 6.1 m free from all obstacles up to the height of 8 m measured
from the floor surface (Sand and grass court not advisable).
- The width of the lines
bounding the court should not be more than 0.04 m measured and drawn inwards
from the edge of the court measurements. All the lines should be drawn at
least 3.0 m away from all obstacles.
- The Center Line
The Center line of 0.02 m should be drawn equally dividing the right and
- The Quarter Circle
At the corner of each at the center line, the quarter circle shall be drawn
from the side line to the center line with a radius of 0.9 m measured and
drawn outwards from the edge of the 0.9 m radius.
- The Service Circle
The service circle of 0.3 m radius shall be drawn on the left and on the
right court, the center of which is 2.45 m from the back line of the court
and 3.05 m from the side lines, the 0.04 m line shall be measured and drawn
outward from the edge of the 0.3 m radius.
- The net shall be made of fine ordinary
cord or nylon with 0.06 m to 0.08 m mesh. The net shall be 0.7m in width and
not shorter than 6.10 m in length and taped at 0.05 m from tape double at
the top and side line, called boundary tape.
- The net shall be edged with 0.05 m tape
double at the top and the bottom of the net supported by a fine ordinary
cord or nylon cord that runs through the tape and strain over and flush with
the top of the posts. The top of the net shall be 1.52 m (1.42 m for women)
in height from the center and 1.55 m (1.45 m for women's) at the posts.
The Sepak takraw ball shall be spherical of
one woven layer having 12 holes, 20 intersections. It shall be made of synthetic
fiber or natural rattan. If it is made of rattan, it shall consist of 9-11
strains. The circumference shall not be less than 0.42 m and not more than 0.44m
(0.43 m to 0.45m for women). The weight before play shall not be less than 170
gm and not more than 180 gm (150 gm to 160 gm for women).
- The game is played between two "Regu's"
consisting of three players on each side.
- One of the three players shall be at
the back and he is called "Back".
- The other two players shall be in
front, one on the left and the other on the right. The player on the left is
called "Left Inside" and the player on the right is called
The game shall be managed by the following
- 1 Official referee
- 2 Umpires
- 6 Linesmen (4 Side Line and 2 Base
Serving Side During Service
- The "Inside" player who is
making service throws, plays about with the ball, (throwing up the ball,
bumping, giving to other "Inside" player, etc.) after the call of
score has been made by the umpire.
- The "Inside" player lifts his feet or steps on the line or
crosses over or touches the net while throwing the ball.
- The "Back" player, while kicking the service ball, the other
foot does not touch the ground or steps on the service circle line.
- The "Back" player does not kick the ball on the service throw.
- The ball touches his/her own player before crossing over to the opponent
- The ball goes over the net but falls outside of the court.
- The ball does not cross over to the opponent side.
- Receiving Side During Service To create
distracting manner or noise or shouts at the his opponent.
- For Both Sides During The Game
- Stepping on the center line.
- Any player who touches the ball on
the opponent side.
- Any part of player's body crosses
over into opponent's court whether above or under the net except during
the follow-through of the ball.
- Playing the ball more than 3 times in
- The ball touches the arm.
- The ball rolls over the body.
- Stopping or holding the ball under
the arm, between the legs or body.
- Any part of the body or player's
outfits e.g. shoes, jersey, head band etc., touches the net or the post or
the umpire's chairs or falls into the opponent's side.
- The ball touches the ceiling, roof or
the wall (any objects).
- Any player who delays the game
- The winning point for a set is a
maximum of 15 points.
- To allow for 2 minutes rest at the end
of the first and second set respectively.
- If each "Regu" wins one set,
the game shall be decided in the third set called "Tie Break".
- Before the tie-break set takes place,
the umpire shall toss a disc or coin, and the side winning the toss shall
- The changes of side will occur when one
"Regu' reaches 3 points.